SR 00-05 Dated 01/00
Recurring income from sources such as:
• annuities (an amount payable yearly),
• disability or sickness payments,
• fraternal benefits,
• insurance payments,
• retirement plans,
• Disbursements from trusts or similar legal devices made to an individual, on behalf of an individual, or for the benefit of an individual, regardless of the type or source of trust
• unemployment compensation,
• worker’s compensation (insurance payments received for an on-the-job injury).
For benefit income that is not recurring, but is a lump sum settlement, see Lump Sum Income. See also SSA, SSI , and VA Benefits .
Treatment: Unearned Income
Benefits specifically designated as payment for hospitalization or medical services are excluded income.