SR 13-31 Dated 11/13
Inform each individual of the need to review eligibility for benefits to be continued.
Based on the household’s circumstances, notify individuals that they are required to participate in a regularly scheduled:
• face-to-face redetermination/recertification; or
• online or mail-in redetermination/recertification.
See PART 161, REDETERMINATION/RECERTIFICATION, for more information related to the face-to-face and online or mail-in redetermination/recertification process.
The New HEIGHTS-generated CS0001, Rede Interview, is sent to individuals who are required to participate in a face-to-face redetermination/recertification and is generated by the 15th of the month prior to the month the redetermination/recertification is due.
The CS0001 advises the individual:
• of the date and time of the eligibility interview;
• that the individual must call to reschedule the interview if unable to attend the appointment and the individual wishes to continue receiving benefits; and
• the effect that the individual’s failure to attend may have on the recipient’s benefits.
The CS0001 face-to-face package sent to the individual includes:
• DFA Form 775, Rental Verification Request; and
• DFA Form 756, Employment Verification.
For a face-to-face redetermination/recertification, the individual must:
• complete DFA Form 800, Application for Assistance, or Form 800HR, New HEIGHTS-generated Application for Assistance; and
• participate in a face-to-face interview.
Online or Mail-In Redetermination/Recertification
The appropriate mail-in redetermination/recertification package is sent to eligible cases by the 15th of the month prior to the month the redetermination/recertification is due and includes:
• New HEIGHTS-generated CS0005, Mail-In Rede Letter;
• a postage-paid business reply envelope;
• DFA Form 811R, Application: Your Rights and Responsibilities; and
• DFA Form 800R, Application for Continued Eligibility for Financial, Medical, Child Care, and Food Stamp Benefits, for all other cases.
To prevent delays in the redetermination/recertification process, and termination of benefits, individuals are notified in the CS0005 that by the *15th day of the last month of the redetermination/recertification period, he or she must complete and return DFA Form 800R with all needed verifications:
Recipients with NH EASY accounts who are scheduled for what would usually be considered a mail-in redetermination/recertification are eligible to complete their redetermination/recertification online.
If the NH EASY account holder’s redetermination method is "online," the online recertification package is generated by the 15th of the month prior to the month the redetermination is due and includes:
• New HEIGHTS-generated CS0027, Online Rede Letter; and
• a postage-paid business reply Central Scanning Unit (CSU) envelope for the recipient to provide their verifications.
To prevent delays in the benefit issuance and the redetermination/recertification process, individuals are notified in the CS0027 that:
• the household must complete the online Redetermination Application and send in all needed verifications by the *15th day of the following month;
• if the household does not complete the online redetermination/recertification process and/or provide all needed verifications by the due date, it will result in a termination of benefits;
• the household may opt out of the online redetermination/recertification process and return to a mail-in redetermination/recertification process; and
• the household should contact the District Office if they have any questions.
Individuals eligible to participate in the online or mail-in redetermination/recertification process are not required to participate in a face-to-face interview. However, an interview must be granted if one is requested.
See Section 161.05, Processing Redeterminations/Recertifications, for information on processing online or mail-in redeterminations.
References: He-W 606.01, He-W 606.100-.101, He-W 636.01, He-W 684.01-.02, RSA 167:79,III(j), RSA 167:83,II(d), 45 CFR 206.10, 42 USC 1397bb