SR 09-11 Dated 10/09
IDP financial and medical assistance is available to eligible one and two-parent families where at least one parent has a verified disability. *Eligibility requirements align with TANF financial assistance.
To be eligible for IDP assistance, at least one parent must:
• be receiving APTD/ANB;
• be receiving SSDI/SSI (but all parents in the household cannot receive SSDI/SSI);
• be determined exempt from participation in NHEP work activities due to a medical-related issue; or
• be determined incapacitated by providing a completed Form 720, Determination of Incapacity Status, (two-parent families only).
Assistance groups are not eligible for IDP but instead receive financial or medical assistance through the Family Assistance Program (FAP) when:
• All adults are receiving SSDI, SSI, or Veteran’s Administration benefits with a disability rating of 80% or more; or
• A relative other than a parent, who is not receiving assistance, is caring for the dependant child.