There are four types of child care providers:
• Licensed Child Care Center;
• Licensed Family Child Care;
• License-Exempt Family (caring for 3 or fewer children); and
• License-Exempt Center (including school-based after-school programs, and recreational programs).
To provide child care services to eligible individuals and to bill the Department directly for those services, all child care providers must:
• allow parents access to their children at all times; and
• meet all child care licensing requirements under state law.
If the provider is enrolled with the Department, provide DCYF Form 2530, Child Care Provider Verification, for the parent and provider to complete and return within 10 calendar days to the Central Scanning Unit, P.O. Box 181, Concord, NH 03302.
If the provider is not enrolled with the Department, give the parent a Child Care Provider Enrollment packet for the provider to complete. It is recommended that the completed packet is submitted to the Child Development Bureau within 5 calendar days to ensure that the provider is enrolled and the child is linked within 30 calendar days.
License-Exempt providers must meet all of the following criteria:
• be someone other than a parent of the child;
• be age 16 or older;
• care for 3 or fewer children, other than their own, in a private home or meet other exemption criteria as specified in RSA 170E; and
• be residing somewhere other than in the child’s home.
*A child care provider is disqualified from participating as an enrolled provider with DHHS for a period of at least 5 years, if:
• convicted of fraud by the court;
• found to have committed fraud by the Office Of Special Investigations (OSI);
• made false or misleading statements to DHHS; or
• the provider’s child care license was denied or revoked for making false and misleading statements.
References: He-C 6910.20(a)(b), He-C 6910.22(a), RSA 161:2,XII, RSA 167:83,II(o), RSA 167:83,III(g); RSA 170-E:3-a, RSA 170-E:4,II, RSA 170-E:7, RSA 170-E:12, RSA 161:2, XV, RSA 167:17-b, I(a), RSA 167:17-c, RSA 167:58,IV, RSA 167:61-a,I(a)-(c) and (e), RSA 167:83,II(k), RSA 170-E:12,V, 45 CFR 98.30 and 45 CFR 98.40