The New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Family Assistance (DFA), administers public assistance programs in accordance with state law, state administrative rules, and federal laws and regulations. This manual contains the official DFA policy governing the administration of the following categories and programs:
• New Hampshire Employment Program (NHEP) and Family Assistance Program (FAP) - financial *assistance and employment and training support services,
• Child Care - financial reimbursement assistance for families requiring child care due to participation in employment, training, or educational activities, and
• Emergency Assistance - financial assistance and services for families experiencing a crisis.
DFA administers other programs providing
• financial *assistance for the elderly, blind, and disabled;
• Medicaid and medical assistance services, such as long-term care; and
• Food Stamps.
Policy governing these programs is contained in the Adult Assistance Manual, Medical Assistance Manual, and in the Food Stamp Manual, respectively. Information on the purpose and instructions for completion of forms referred to in this manual are contained in the DFA Forms Manual.