The Injury Prevention Program's (IPP) mission is to reduce death and disabilities that result from intentional and unintentional injuries. Intentional injuries are those that are self-inflicted or committed by another person, like suicide or sexual assault. Unintentional injuries are those that are considered "accidental" such as poisonings, falls, or motor vehicle crashes. Unintentional injuries are the leading cause of death in New Hampshire for those aged 1-44 years and have been for many years. Injuries often do not occur by chance and are thus preventable.
Much of the IPP's work is carried out by working together with the Injury Prevention Center at Children's Hospital at Dartmouth, the New Hampshire Coalition against Domestic and Sexual Violence, the Injury Surveillance Manager within the Health Statistics and Data Management Section and many community partners. The IPP:
- Provides training and technical assistance to professionals and the public.
- Promotes and implements prevention programs that work.
- Evaluates the impact of these activities.
The IPP also houses the Northern New England Poison Center's New Hampshire Poison Educator.
- NH Public Health Issue Brief: Sleep-related Infant Deaths, 2011-2012
- NH State Injury Prevention Plan, 2014 – 2018
- Injuries in the State of New Hampshire 2001-2009
- New Hampshire Special Emphasis Report: Infant and Early Childhood Injury,
- Traumatic Brain Injury: Occurrence and Mortality in New Hampshire, 2001-2009
- New Hampshire Special Emphasis Report: Traumatic Brain Injury 2009
- Preventing Falls Among Older Adults in New Hampshire
- Elder Falls Data Brief 2005-2009
- Poisoning in New Hampshire 2005-2009
For More Information
- Information on the State Suicide Prevention Plan 2013
- Information on Brain Injury: The Brain Injury Association of New Hampshire
- Information on Occupational Injuries: Occupational Injury and Illness in New Hampshire: a Status Report, Data to Inform Programs and Policies, 2011
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.