- Breastfeeding: New Hampshire 2011 is a data brief. It summarizes breastfeeding rates; baby-friendly practices in hospitals; the risk of not breastfeeding; and the role of policy.
- Burden of Obesity, Diabetes and Heart Disease in New Hampshire, 2013
- Childhood Obesity Report reviews the key finding of the NH Third Grade Healthy Growth Survey and national trends, summarizes the effects of childhood overweight and obesity, and suggests relevant policies.
- Fruit and Vegetable Consumption Among New Hampshire Adults, 2013 reports findings of the NH Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System and the 2011 New Hampshire Municipal Survey.
- Fruit and Vegetable Consumption Among New Hampshire Youth, 2013 reports findings of the NH Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System and the State Indicator Report on Fruits and Vegetables, 2013.
- NH Municipal Survey, 2011: Assessment of Municipal Policies Regarding Healthy Eating and Physical Activity provides baseline data on city and town policies that support physical activity and healthy eating. Municipal Survey Report: Obesity Prevention in New Hampshire Communities is an easy-to-read version with resources and sample policies.
- NH Obesity Data Book , NH Obesity Data Book FAQ and
- NH Third Grade Healthy Growth Survey and Graphs
- Overweight and Obesity in New Hampshire : 2011 BRFSS Update compares adult weight status with risk factors and chronic diseases such as type-2 diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart attack, and stroke.
- Physical Activity Among New Hampshire Adults reports findings of the NH Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance Survey and the State Indicator Report on Physical Activity 2010.
- Report of the Commission on the Prevention of Childhood Obesity outlines 13 prevention strategies for the state and outlines current data and economic consequences of childhood obesity.
- Weight Status and Chronic Disease reviews findings from the NH Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance Survey.
CDC-Developed Reports on New Hampshire and the Nation
- Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) is the world's largest telephone survey. It tracks adult health risks in the United States and includes data on overweight, obesity, and related topics such as exercise, physical activity, and fruit and vegetable consumption.
- Breastfeeding Report Card looks at five behavioral indicators and nine policy indicators that assess breastfeeding-friendly communities in each state.
- Cardiorespiratory Fitness Levels Among U.S. Youth Aged 12-15 Years: 1999-2004 and 2012 - This report presents the percentage of U.S. youth aged 12–15 who had adequate levels of cardiorespiratory fitness, by sex, age group, race and Hispanic origin, family income-to-poverty ratio, weight status, and across time. Data came from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES), 1999–2004 and the NHANES National Youth Fitness Survey, 2012.
- Census Tract Level State Maps of the Modified Retail Food Environment States and communities can use the data table to create their own maps using GIS software or link the data to other census-tract data.
- Overweight and Obesity Trends in the United States looks at children, teens, and adults.
- School Health Profile assesses school health policies and practices. Profiles are conducted every two years by middle and high school principals and health education teachers.
- School Health Program Report Card assesses school health policies and practices at the national, state, district, school, and classroom levels.
View the 2006 NH report Next survey will be in 2012.
- The State Indicator Report on Children's Food Environment, 2011 provides state data on child and adolescent sugar drink consumption, television viewing, and family meal time, as well as policy and environmental indicators for schools, communities, and child care settings. The National Action Guide suggests potential actions to create places that support healthy choices.
- State Indicator Report on Fruits and Vegetables, 2013 reports on eight behavioral indicators and 13 policy and environmental indicators.
- State Indicator Report on Physical Activity, 2010 tracks physical activity behavior, policy, and environmental supports in each state.
- Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System (YRBSS) is a paper-and-pencil survey of high school students. View New Hampshire’s 2013 YRBSS data on the NH Department of Education website.
Other National Reports with New Hampshire and National Data
- Accelerating Progress in Obesity Prevention is a 2012 consensus study from the Institute of Medicine.
- Cost of Recommended Daily Servings of Fresh Produce provides the facts on what it costs to buy the recommended daily fruits and vegetables, possible cost savings if you shop sales, and variations by region and season.
- F as in Fat: How Obesity Threatens America's Future 2012 looks at obesity data and related standards, legislation, and strategies. This year’s annual report forecasts 2030 adult obesity rates for each state. View the New Hampshire report.
- Food Desert Locator identifies low-income census tracts where a substantial number of residents have low access to a supermarket or large grocery store.
- Your Food Environment Atlas is a rich source of county-level data on obesity, physical activity, community access to healthy food, utilization of USDA programs (e.g. SNAP (Food Stamps) WIC, Free and Reduced Lunch, etc.) and number of food outlets (convenience stores, restaurants, super centers, etc.)
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.