Two New, Affordable Health Coverage Options for Granite Staters
What is the New Hampshire Health Protection Program?
In 2014, changes in State law created the New Hampshire Health Protection Program (NHHPP), a part of the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). NHHPP provides many low-income Granite Staters with two new options to get health insurance coverage at little or no cost. These two new programs are:
- Health Insurance Premium Payment Program (HIPP): If you or someone in your family is eligible to receive health insurance through an employer, you may qualify for help in covering your insurance costs. If you are eligible for the HIPP Program, the New Hampshire Health Protection Program will pay your share of the insurance costs.
- Bridge Program: If you or someone in your household is not eligible to receive health insurance through your employer, or if you don’t qualify for the HIPP Program, you may be eligible to sign up for a private health insurance plan through the state’s Bridge Program.
- Watch a public information session that explains more about the New Hampshire Health Protection Program
- Watch a public information session that explains New Hampshire Health Protection Program held at New England Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services
Who may be eligible for coverage through the New Hampshire Health Protection Program?
Thousands of Granite Staters are eligible to receive coverage at little or no cost through the New Hampshire Health Protection Program. Coverage through the New Hampshire Health Protection Program is available to Granite Staters aged 19 to 65 whose monthly household incomes are at or below the following levels:
If Your Household Income is This Amount or Less Each MONTH
If Your Household Income is This Amount or Less Each YEAR
How can I apply for coverage? When would coverage begin?
The New Hampshire Health Protection Program will begin accepting applications for coverage this summer, with coverage beginning soon after. Applications will be accepted online and through paper applications at your local Department of Health and Human Services district office.
- July 1: New Hampshire Health Protection Program Applications Accepted
- August 15: Coverage Begins
- September 1: Transition to Care Management (for those that are not eligible for HIPP)
There are four ways to apply:
- Online: visit www.nheasy.nh.gov
Hours: 6:00AM and 12:00AM (midnight) 7 days a week
- By phone: Call the Medicaid Service Center at 1-888-901-4999 where you will receive personalized assistance and can get your questions answered
Hours: 8:00AM to 4:00 PM Monday - Friday
- Submit a paper application: Visit a DHHS District Office or download an application here on our website http://www.dhhs.nh.gov/dfa/apply.htm
- The ACA Marketplace: Go online and sign up at www.healthcare.gov
Want more information?
Download these documents to learn more.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Notice, Alternative Benefit Plan
- Public Notice, Cost Sharing
- NHHPP Fact Sheet
- Substance Use Disorder Services (print size 11" x 17")
- Governor Hassan and DHHS Launch Application Process for NH Health Protection Plan
- Governor Hassan and DHHS Announce Implementation Timeline for NH Health Protection Program
- NH Health Protection Program Meetings to be held Statewide, 06/04/2014
- Governor Hassan and DHHS Work to Implement New Hampshire Health Protection Program, 04/28/2014
Important Information Regarding Pharmacy Co-Pays
Effective July 6, 2014 through October 31, 2014, pharmacies will not charge a co-pay to any Medicaid enrollee, including those enrolled with the Medicaid Care Management Organizations: Well Sense Health Plan, New Hampshire Healthy Families and Meridian Health Plan. read more...
- Managing Your Business Practices under the NHHPP
- What Providers and their Clients Need to Know about the NHHPP
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.