Any individual or organization dissatisfied with a decision made by any office within DHHS may request an administrative appeal hearing.
Examples of decisions that may be appealed include:
- DHHS Actions to deny, terminate or decrease individual benefits (e.g. Medicaid, food stamps, home and community based care, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, Old Age Assistance, child care assistance);
- Denials and revocations of licenses and certifications;
- Imposition of administrative fines;
- Allegations of client rights violations for mentally ill or developmentally disabled individuals;
- Revocation of conditional discharges from New Hampshire Hospital (NHH);
- Transfers of NHH patients to the Secure Psychiatric Unit; and
- Findings that place individuals on the DHHS central registry of child abuse and neglect.
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.